ASSOCHAM has following categories of members:
This category has large companies, MNCs, PSUs, and financial institutions. Maximum Number is restricted to 150. Besides regular services special privileges are offered to patron members.
Advantages of Patron Membership: Special privileges to patron members include:
- Direct representation on the managing committee.
- Priority consideration for Chairmanship and Co-chairmanship of Expert Committees and JBCs.
- Priority consideration for participation in high level delegations visiting India and those visiting other countries and meeting senior government officials.
- Priority Consideration for opportunity to sponsor/Co-sponser ASSOCHAM events and to advertise in prime locations, in ASSOCHAM publications, periodicals, news letters etc.
- Priority dealing of all the correspondence by the secretariat.
Firms, sole proprietary concerns, companies, corporate bodies, public sector undertakings, societies or any other body engaged in trade, commerce, agriculture, services or profession are eligible for corporate membership.
Corporate Associates membership allowed for organizations having turn over of 2 crore or more. There is no restriction to the number of members in this category.
Advantages of corporate membership:
- Latest and timely information on latest national and international policy and technical developments.
- Opportunity to interact with the policy makers
- Opportunity to represent their respective industrial sectors in national and international forums of ASSOCHAM.
- Opportunity to gain additional credibility and mileage by sponsoring/Co-sponsoring ASSOCHAM events and advertising in ASSOCHAM publications.
- Opportunity to network and locate joint venture partners at various national and international meets organized by ASSOCHAM
- Opportunity to generate awareness and gain public support regarding specific aspects of business for overall business development
- Consultancy on certain policy and technical matters through ASSOCHAM’s subject- specific expert committees
- Nodal officer from the secretariat to cater to the needs of any member
- They can nominate 32 persons on the managing committee for which elections are held every 2 year
Chambers of commerce, trade or industry associations with a minimum annual gross income of Rs. 50, 000 and with at least five years of existence are eligible for Ordinary Membership.
No restriction on the number members in this category.
Advantages of ordinary membership:
- Ordinary Members the following benefits of being associated with ASSOCHAM:
- Issues at regional level but requiring national attention are taken up by ASSOCHAM on behalf of the ordinary member with concerned official at the center
- Joint programmes are organized on the issues of common interest. ASSOCHAM lends additional credibility to the programmes through its name and by providing speakers/faculty/experts for the programme.
- 35 seats are reserved on the managing committee.
This category is for overseas members.
Benefits to overseas members
- Assist identifying a collaborator, Buyer/Seller.
Update about the Economic Scenario of the country.
- Provide latest amendments in Legislation relating to International Trade, change in policies etc.
- Match Making/One to one contact for development of Business.
- Organise meetings with the concerned officials in Government, Media, Senior Leaders of Industry etc., provide Escort service.
- Provide information about the Investment climate in India.
- Respond to any enquiries concerning Trade, Commerce etc. on priority basis.
- To manage holding any event/programme in India, if so required by the Member.
- Assist participation in Trade Fairs/Exhibitions.
Seek views on policies to influence Government for drafting investment friendly policies.