Highlights of BIMSTEC - INDIA Week
Three Day B2B International Exhibition: 07th- 09th February, 2019
- More than 200 Indian Companies across India showcasing their innovations and current developments in Agri, Agricultural machinery and Technology sectors.
- More than 100 overseas buyers from Bangladesh, Bhutan, Myanmar, Thailand & Sri Lanka and several foreign visitors.
- The show is supported by Ministry of Commerce, Govt. of India, thereby providing an opportunity for participants to interact with the nation's policy makers, other dignitaries & delegates.
- The first ever platform exclusively for BIMSTEC member countries, which provides opportunity to develop partnerships, alliances and new investments in the agricultural machinery industry with agro-mechanization majors, business farmers, contractors and dealers.
- Karnataka, the venue for the event, has one of the highest growth rates in India. With an overall GDP growth, it has managed to surpass all other states of India. For rural residents of the state, agriculture is the major occupation and the state offers great potential to the agriculture sector. Agriculture and its allied activities account for 49% of the state's income. A major producer of many agricultural products, it is also home to one of the largest markets in Asia, Agriculture Produce Market at Amorgol in Hubli.
- A full day Conference, focusing on key topics related to Agri and allied sectors.
- Prescheduled B2B meetings.
India-BIMSTEC Agri Business Forum: 07th- 08th February, 2019
- Agriculture Ministers from BIMSTEC Member countries to be invited.
- Key speakers from the BIMSTEC member countries.
- BIMSTEC India Week Exhibition, showcasing more than 200 Indian Exhibits and participation from 100 Foreign Buyers and several visitors from BIMSTEC member countries, is being organized on the sidelines of the Forum.
- Thematic Sessions, focusing on key aspects of Agriculture cooperation and exchange amongst BIMSTEC member countries.
- State level participation from select Indian States.